This program started in 1988 and originally funded by the Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (BADA). After several years, BADA no longer funded this recreation program. To salvage this program the Juvenile Probation Department approached the Eureka County Commissioners and requested funds to continue the recreation programs already established and sponsored by the Eureka County Juvenile Probation Department. This request was granted and the Eureka Ski Program continues.
1) This program is offered to the students of the Eureka County Elementary School and the Eureka County High School. (Enrolled at the time of the ski trip – this does include home school or online school as well.)
2) This program is offered to students in grades 5 through 12.
3) Each participant must complete the registration form and the medical release form to attend.
4) The fee for the trip will be determined each year and will be contingent on fees for ski program, lodging and food.
5) The fee will include lodging, transportation, all ski expenses including lessons, continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday. Participants are responsible for their dinner on Friday night and any snacks or souvenirs.
6) The dates scheduled for these trips are contingent on the availability of school buses and other vehicles provided by the Eureka County School District in addition to the many factors that go into putting these trips together.
Eureka County Juvenile Probation
10 S Main Street
Eureka, NV 89316
Subscribe to Our News Feed
Stay up to date on Eureka County's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our News Feed.